The outlook for development of the full-service restaurant segment is positive for 2019, with experts calling growth “steady.” But, the restaurant concepts that will stand out and could see better than average growth are those that offer an experience – like Angry Crab Shack.
Memorable experiences will be one of the main factors driving expansion in 2019, and Angry Crab Shack delivers with our unique Asian Cajun flavor profile, fun atmosphere, affordable price points and more.
But, there’s more than our ability to nurture a good time among our guests that makes Angry Crab Shack an ideal complementary brand to add to a full-service or quick-serve portfolio. We offer franchise owners simple operations, a second generation real estate strategy and a high return on investment.
1. Simple Operations Allow Owners to Focus on Profitability
Simply stated, when your portfolio consists of multiple restaurant concepts, you want to avoid adding complexity. Angry Crab Shack’s menu is streamlined because our focus is on seafood.
Most of the complexity for restaurants is in the kitchen, where food preparation takes place. At Angry Crab Shack, we keep food prep simple without sacrificing taste or quality. Our delectable seafood is boiled and then placed in the bag it is served in to be mixed up with our signature sauces, which reduces the amount of equipment and dishes needed. The crab, crawfish and other seafood soak up the scrumptious blend of Cajun and Asian spices and allow our kitchens to operate in a more straightforward manner than a typical full-service restaurant. Large appliances and kitchen crews are not necessary to make our delicious, buttery seafood dishes. Our simple operations allow multi-unit/multi-brand owners to focus on other important areas, such as assembling the right management team to ensure each location is operating with the highest levels of customer service and product quality.
2. Real Estate Strategy Saves Time and Money
We’re excited for our franchise owners to get up and running as soon as possible and with the greatest cost efficiency. By targeting second and third generation restaurant locations, our restaurant owners open quicker, have less build out cost and minimize on-going overhead and debt expense that all contribute to the dramatic ROI realized among our restaurants.
Angry Crab Shack franchise owners keep their initial investment costs under control since these locations were restaurants once before and, therefore, typically already include functional kitchens and bars, properly sized utility and HVAC systems, fire suppression systems and proper zoning.
Ultimately, selecting previous restaurant sites to open your Angry Crab Shack reduces build out time, and fast tracts you toward revenue generation. The time you save allows you to conduct business as usual with the restaurant concepts that already exist in your portfolio.
3. Owners Look Forward to a Healthy ROI
Simple operations and second generation locations contribute significantly to your return on investment. But, they’re not the only things:
- Our initial investment is relatively low for a full-service concept – from $392-832K, depending on the size of your Angry Crab Shack. Our locations typically generate around $3 million in annual revenue.
- Demand for seafood is strong nationwide, and growing, as more health-conscious consumers opt for fish instead of red meat or poultry. Sales of fish and shellfish have increased 13 percent in the past five years. When you combine the growth of the full-service restaurant segment with the growing demand for seafood, you have a winning combination. With these two factors at work, now is an ideal time to be an Angry Crab Shack franchise owner.
- Angry Crab Shack is both a popular lunch and dinner destination, attracting couples, families and large groups of diners.
- We do a brisk Happy Hour with entertaining bartenders serving up drinks.
With simple operations, an efficient real estate strategy and high ROI, Angry Crab Shack is the optimum full service restaurant to add to your franchise portfolio.